UK – Food producers from across the UK are being recognised for innovative and sustainable approaches at one of the country’s premier agricultural events next month.
The ‘Farming for the Future’ awards are to be announced by retail outlet Marks and Spencer on the opening day of the Great Yorkshire Show in Harrogate on 14 July.
Shortlist of entries includes:
- Innovation Category: Salvador Genovese, Genovese Chillies Ltd, Bedforshire
- Innovation Category: John Myatt, Mockbeggar Farm, Rochester, Kent
- Outstanding Category: Marion Regan, Hugh Lowe Farm, Maidstone, Kent
- Outstanding Category: Brian Moralee, Vitacress Tomatoes, Isle of White
- Young Category: Kirsten Plume, AR & A Smith Farm, Gloucestershire
- Young Category: Jake & Rupert Simpson, Chicory Crops Ltd, Ross-on-Wye
Steve Mclean, M&S Head of Agriculture & Fisheries, said: “This year will mark our eighth Farming for the Future Awards and it’s without doubt that the judging process becomes more challenging year on year.
"We are continually impressed with the commitment and passion our suppliers show towards Plan A and sustainable farming practices, and I’m delighted to once again be honouring some of the country’s most inspiring farming champions."
TheCattleSite News Desk