ANALYSIS – What does sustainable beef really mean? TheCattleSite, TheBeefSite and TheDairySite aim to help you figure it out with the launch of their new Beef & Dairy Sustainability Hub.
The Beef & Dairy Sustainability Hub offers the latest global news, articles, publications and videos, sharing research, industry initiatives, the latest innovations and current best farm management practices. The content is relevant to the entire value chain, from large producers to small-holders, regardless of your system type or operation.
“This new platform will provide an opportunity for farmers and the food chain companies around the globe to critically assess their practices and communicate the steps they are taking on their journey towards sustainability,” said Karl Williams, Director in Benchmark's Sustainability Science Division. “Our 3Es approach – of Environment, Economics and Ethics – provides a roadmap for documenting and continually refining management practices in order to learn, change and innovate in response to new challenges and situations on-farm and throughout the value chain.”
Check out each section of the Hub:
- Managing natural resources responsibly to improve and protect the environment
- Minimizing beef’s carbon footprint
- Water: growing more with less
- Providing for the health, welfare and behavioural needs of your animals
- Ensuring food safety, quality and traceability
- Respecting human and labor rights while providing a healthy work place and fair treatment
- Operating your business with integrity
- Contributing to economic sustainability
- Ensuring efficiency with the supply chain
- Contributing to global food security
- Contributing to the well-being of your local community
If you have science-based research or practical on-farm techniques to share on the Hub, please email content to email@example.com for review.
To go directly to the Hub, click here.
TheCattleSite News Desk
Top image via Shutterstock