TheCattleSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the cattle industry

Go Back   TheCattleSite Discussion Forum > Dairy Cattle Health/Welfare
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread April 6th, 2012, 18:36

Unhappy i need help please with precious my dairy cow

Best regards to Everyone. Hi name is Ray and i was raised in a farm until i was 12 years old and i love it. Now i have grown and have kids of my own and i wanted my kids to be brought up the same way. So we bought and 1 acre property and have been slowly buying animal a little bit at a time. We have chickens,1 goat, a cat and a two dogs. A couple months ago we bought a cow from someone that did not treat her right and was feed poorly. She is a dairy cow we love her death her name is precious. We love her milk and cheese we make. She was doing well gaining some weight and look happy in her new home, until a couple weeks ago i noticed a lump and her left side upper belly. First i though i was going to go away but it did not. Today i noticed that i can see her flesh. I sprayed some antiseptic spray but i am concerned and don't know what it can be and how i can treat it. can anyone please help me or guide me in the right direction.
Unread April 6th, 2012, 18:50

u can reach my at ramon.curiel@yahoo.com
Unread April 7th, 2012, 08:19
Super Moderator

There are a number of possibilities; a rupture-least likely but needs to be considered, a cyst or an abscess-the most likely. Take a large bore hypodermic needle and lance the lump to see if puss or lymph comes out through the needle. Acyst can often be drained by asperating the fluid through the needle with a syringe, an abscess will need a larger opening to drain and clean out all the puss, if in doubt, do not open the lump in case it is a rupture that will need veterinary attention.
Unread March 12th, 2013, 11:52

Default i need help please with precious my dairy cow

its a natural thing that you think ray77