TheCattleSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the cattle industry

Go Back   TheCattleSite Discussion Forum > Lifestyle Farming
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread February 8th, 2011, 15:42

Default Auto-Feeder

I'm Jeffrey Turner from Middle Tennessee. I'm getting ready to begin using an automatic feeder for a few Holstein show heifers of mine. I would like to get some ideas or suggestions as to how I might could experiment with my new feeder. Also, if you have any questions please ask, and I will try to get them answered as quickly as possible. I would love lots of feedback.
Unread February 13th, 2011, 04:55

What kind of feeder is it? What is the set-up, (track, hydro, etc...). Need to know what you are working with in order to give some ideas. All are a little different and have different little quirks then others. Hate to give you an idea and hurt your machine without proper knowledge of what ya have.
Unread February 22nd, 2011, 00:39

Default type of feeder

I have an Auto Feeder, made by SolarFeeders, Inc. It has an electric motor that spins a fan underneath a hopper and slings feed out into four troughs (1 on each side of the feeder). It has a 12V battery that is trickle charged by a solar panel. It has a timer on it that can be set to feed up to 6 times per day. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Unread March 14th, 2011, 15:34

Default Up and running

The feeder is in with the cattle and working tremendously well. I put the feeder in on Saturday, and the cows are already learning the feeding times. I have 20 first calf cows (therefore small) on the Auto Feeder 2500 and they all have room to eat. I have the feeder set to feed twice each day.
Unread May 16th, 2011, 13:10

This was easy to set up feedings and very affordable. the only drawback I can see is that it would only in 1 place on my 10 gallon tank. It was stable and did work well in that place...